Thank you to those talented musicians who have already applied for our international chamber music camp, 19-24 January 2015. Due to popular demand, we would like to offer this wonderful opportunity to more students. Please apply now to avoid disappointment!
Established in 1999, Credo Chamber Music is a world-class music program founded by Professor Peter Slowik, Director of the Strings Division at Oberlin Conservatory of Music, the 2009 recipient of the Medal of Arts in the United States. It is Credo’s mission to "Develop the Gift, Acknowledge the Source, Respond with Service," which is actualised through its dedication to combining high-level musical training with Christian mentorship and the opportunity for outreach and service to others.
Credo's commitment to nurturing the next generation of musical leaders, in the context of integrated music study, service, and faith, empowers its students to be more winsome and productive members of their communities, their musical ensembles and their families. Credo is also the place where concertmasters and section principals of major US orchestras and professors of leading music conservatories come together to share their musical and spiritual journeys with students. Now in its 16th year, Credo USA has inspired young musicians from 43 states and internationally, and has touched the lives of thousands of people.
Applications are now open for the 2015 Credo Australia Chamber Music camp. Strings, woodwind, brass and keyboard musicians aged between 11 and 21 who are Grade 5 AMEB equivalent or who exceed this level are invited to apply for this six-day intensive music course with internationally-renowned faculties, including:
- Professor Peter Slowik, Chair of Strings at Oberlin Conservatory of Music
- Professor Goetz Richter, Chair of Strings at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Ms Wilma Smith, Concertmaster of Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
- Mr Julian Smiles, Cellist of Goldner String Quartet and Australia Ensemble@UNSW
- Mr Huw Jones, Principal Oboe of Queensland Symphony Orchestra
- Mr Nick Russoniello, Saxophonist and 2011 ABC Symphony Australia Young Performer of the Year
- Ms Kathryn Selby, Pianist and Artistic Director of Selby & Friends
- Mr Christopher Pidcock, Cellist of Sydney Symphony Orchestra
- Mrs Rebecca Irwin, Violinist of Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra
- Mrs Josephine Constantino, Chamber Music Tutor at Sydney Conservatorium High School
Successful applicants will participate in rehearsals, masterclasses, private and ensemble lessons, performances and community service. The program will conclude with all students performing in Verbrugghen Hall at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. The entire application process (including uploading audition materials) must be completed before Monday, 15 September. For more information please call + 61 2 9391 7694 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* A guest brass faculty will be confirmed shortly.
2015 Credo Australia Chamber Music Camp Update:
- Professor Peter Slowik has been offered a grant by Oberlin Conservatory of Music to bring its top students to attend Credo Australia in 2015.
- Suitable Scots musicians and Credo Australia Alumni will benefit from having online lessons with Oberlin Conservatory's world-class music faculties. More information to be released later...
- Mr Klaus Heymann, CEO of Naxos Records (the biggest independent Classical music label in the world), has donated five free annual subscriptions to Naxos Music online library to five lucky 2015 Credo Australia students.
Support Credo Australia
Credo Australia presents an unparalleled opportunity for gifted young musicians to enjoy world-class music education in a positive, Christian environment. In addition to their musical studies, students participate in community service, giving back to the community and sharing the wonderful musical results of their time at Credo Australia. Your generosity will help ensure the success of Credo Australia and create the maestros of tomorrow.